February 10, 2004



I regularly pick up the new free paper AM NEWS in the mornings on my way to work. The stories are short and perfect for reading on the train. I particularly look forward to the 'Happy Animal' stories that are found on the front page. They always give me a smile (which is much needed when I'm about to get to work-blah).

Operation for Tortoise Twins

A pair of conjoined tortoises were separated an an Arizona animal hospital. Peanut Butter and Jelly-so named because 'you can't have one without the other'-were joined at the side of the belly near the tail end, slightly offset in a heart-shaped configuration. The two tortoises spent about half of their lives with one on its back, the other trying to kick itself over.

Now thats a feel good story :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home