January 28, 2005

DVR & me

Picked up my DVR last night. After waiting in line for 1 HOUR! What the hell is that? When I arrived I was given a ticket number 399. They were on 369. Not so bad I thought. So I waited. And waited. And waited. For some reason some people who walked in were not given a ticket and sent to a 'special' line. All the people waiting with me were getting pissed at the 'special' people. Who were they and why did they not get a number? None of us asked. We just sat and complained to each other.

Finally my number came up and I got my new box. It weighs like 30 lbs. What the hell? They gave me a pretty Time Warner bag to carry it. As I left the bag handle broke. I brought it back and got another bag. As I left that one broke. The man at the counter told me I'm holding it wrong. What? I am holding the string handles in my hand. How is that wrong? So he double tied it and I was on my way, struggling the whole way home with the weight of this beast.

Setting it up was an equal hell. The damn thing is too big to fit in my TV cabinet on top of all my other components. So I had to put the thing sideways next to my TV. Looks stupid. But what's a girl to do?

Started watching TV and noticed it has glitches. Sometimes it freezes for a second. Sometimes the sound freezes. I'm not sure if it's because I have the thing on it's side or if I got a faulty box or maybe it just sucks. Anyone else have this problem? I didn't have it with my regular digital cable box.

But in all I am happy. Why? Because now I am DVR'ing Buffy every morning at 8am on FX. I knew this thing would come in handy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shall we dansu said...

did david change his middle name?

3:58 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

David Vexasingh Rotsein

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home