March 20, 2004




Went to an allergist yesterday in preparation for my lovely spring allergies. He pricked my upper arm 13 times with different common allergens. Turns out I'm allergic to 2 things only. Trees. And cats. CATS??? WTF??? I have 2 cats. What does this mean to me? Well, nothing really. I am not getting rid of them. The cat allergy is not nearly as bad as the tree allergy. The doc told me the bumps on my arm should go away within 2 hours. Well the tree bump is still there 36 hrs later. So no tree climbing for me until they've fully bloomed. I think I will stay in for the Spring and come out in June.

We had a great time at dinner last night at Perbacco with David, Matthew, Celvyn, Henry and Karen-who happens to have gone to the same jr high school as me and lived only 10 blocks away! Her Dad also works for the same company my Mom has been associated with for many years. Its a small world after all indeed. But for some reason I keep thinking her name is Jenny. Hi Jenny! :) Dave chose the place and it was such a great find. Tiny, neighborhoody place with tons of Italian charm. Great Italian red wine, beautiful glasses, great food, even better desserts. Just a cozy, comfy place. Thanks Dave.

Woke up this morning to the sounds of that damn kid who lives above us jumping up and down. I swear he puts on his mom's heels and stomps around every wknd morning at 9:30 on the dot. I think he's a crossdresser in training. So what if he's 4. I'm just so tired of it. And so tired. I can't wait to move (someday) and sleep in until 7pm. Mmmmm.

So I woke up, moped around the house, and then decided to read some Time Out NY. But something was wrong. Really wrong. I couldn't read the words. Everytime I'd start to read the words would become all distorted. It was as if someone put a distorted piece of glass over the line I was trying to read. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I took off my glasses, wiped them clean, and tried again. Still no good. I panicked. OH MY GOD, I'M GOING BLIND. THIS IS IT! IT'S ALL OVER FOR ME. Went to call my Mom and nothing! The phone was dead. Went to use my cell phone, dammit-that's been dead all week. David quickly jumped online and looked up what could be the problem. He told me to take a shot glass and wash my eyes with water. I did so. Aaahh, better. All that panic for nothing. Very strange. It was like a floating crescent moon shape in my right eye. I still don't know what it was but it was very scary.

Went walking around the Upper West Side today. We passed by a new bakery with a HUGE line. Something new. Whats the line for? Were they giving away something for free? It was Beard Papa's Cream Puffs! I hadn't heard of these but we had nothing else to do so we waited in line. And waited. And waited. Must have been around a 20 min wait. Apparently this is a worldwide chain and this is the first store in the US. Delicious puff pastry shells filled with vanilla custard. All filled to order. They were fantastic. But the reviews on the window said they were served warm, and they weren't. I think if I got a warm one it would have been a lot better. I would go back, but I wouldn't wait in a 20 min line for them again. They weren't THAT good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home