October 27, 2004

at peace

I must say I'm feeling at peace this week. Finally getting a grip on things at work. Finally finished Running with Scissors. Fucked up. Finally coming to terms with the fact that I cannot control the election and that I have done my best to persuade all I come in contact with to vote Kerry. I was able to get 4 people registered at work (all for Kerry) and I am almost through with convincing my Miami friend Maria to vote for Kerry. Oh, and that elevator guy I mentioned in an earlier post, he's voting for Kerry too. His gramma convinced him. Go granny!

I like this new blog. I was feeling to confined with the small boxes around the last one. This one is more open. A larger playing field. More room to roam around and grow.

Today was the Centennial birthday of the New York City Subway. I was feeling kind of bummed that I didn't do anything to celebrate. I thought I could go to the Transit Museum during lunch but I never made it. As I left work I went to take the 7 train but it wasn't running. So I walked with all the other bitching people to catch the Shuttle to Times Square. And lo and behold what did I see but a glorious antique subway car had replaced the usual shuttle train. How excited was I?? It was beautiful. A work of art. Inside there were real old fashioned rotary fans hanging off of the ceiling, old advertisements on the walls and great old fashioned signage. It was such a great way to celebrate the Centennial.

I love New York.










4 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Hi again, I am not voting for Bush nor Kerry, sorry to upset you even though I know Kerry would be a better option I like Cobb and Nader. I can vote due to duel citizenship. I hope the future option are better still.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

while everyone has their right to vote their opinion, i personally think its a shame you are wasting yours. but to each his own! what state are you in?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See all the fun I miss by taking the bus? ;)

Rachel

5:06 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Rachel you have loads of fun on your bus. Its just a different schizo type of fun!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home