August 11, 2005

Anniversary Dinner

Our 2nd year anniversary is approaching-August 23rd. I need to make reservations for a special dinner. Anyone have any suggestions? Something fancy and expensive of course.

And what's with these prenatal vitamins the doctor gave me? I get in to work, have my oatmeal, then my vitamin, and 15 minutes later I am STARVING. Not hungry, S T A R V I N G like I'm going to knock people down if they don't get out of my way as I make my way downstairs for a peanut butter on whole wheat toast sandwich.

Looks like all systems go for the trip to Spain. Even though David is complaining that it is too expensive (it is, but we're worth it!) I have put my foot down and we are going. And I know he'll thank me for it once we're there. It happens everytime.

The Dr did advise against flying, something about radiation, but I will ignore this advice (which I didn't see in ANY of my books or websites) and go on with the plans. Oh, but I don't really have any plans yet. Still need to book hotels n' such. Gotta get moving on that this wknd.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why, per se of course. i'd love to go to french laundry someday.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Sorry I dont know any restaurants??

4:52 PM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

cafe des artistes? tao? gramercy tavern--the restaurant not the tavern part?

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

red lobster--it will bring out the seafood lover in you.
:) rachel

12:58 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

what's with all the bookmarks? weird....

and i've heard about the flying thing. but i heard that it was in the later months of pregnancy. then again, it's not like i'm an expert or anything, so...

5:12 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

How exciting! An anniversary and a trip to Spain to look forward to!

I haven't read nor heard anything about flight restrictions in early pregnancy either... My doctor made a point to tell me I would have no travel restrictions until later on in pregnancy. For me, my insurance company won't let me go out of state after a certain date, otherwise they won't cover me if something happens out of state. I've also heard that you shouldn't fly in the third trimester, but I thought that was mainly in case you go into labor early on the plane or at your destination. That's interesting that your doctor mentioned radiation... I wonder what that's about!

And if the only side effect of your prenatal vitamins is that you get hungry, consider yourself lucky! Right now I have no problems with my vitamins, but during the first trimester, they made my nausea even worse!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

are you getting spammed on your comments??? wow.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

what's with all these damn comments? very bizarre. i will have to block them if I can.

We booked Fleur De Sel for dinner. Sounds great. And my work gave me up to $250 to spend on dinner as a gift a while ago so it'll be paid for! woohoo!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I'm the closest to an expert you'll find on the subject...

Radiation from flying? Well, yes. Go up a few miles, and you have less atmosphere to block the cosmic rays. Hence, more radiation. You'll get slightly more than you'd get from a couple of chest x-rays.

Probable effect? None. Except, of course, for a great trip!

--ESP!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home