August 01, 2005

Birthday weekend

My birthday weekend was wonderful. Dinner at Hearth was great with all my friends and the Trini cousins.

Saturday we went to Splish Splash on Long Island. I didn't realize how big it is. Great place. Nicely laid out. I wish there were a little more sun as we were freezing between rides but we all had a great time. Next time we'll have to get there a little earlier though as we didn't get to do all the rides we wanted to.

We stayed over Saturday night and then played some Laser Tag on Sunday with the cousins, then over to Target for some great n' cheap furniture and plants. I love that store. Afterwards we had a barbeque at the house with friends of the family.

Oh, and did I mention that David gave me the most wonderful gift? I'm pregnant.

9 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

That is the most WONDRFUL GIFT, do you want a boy or girl?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

Doesn't matter much to me. I guess if I had a choice I'd want a boy first, then a girl. But whatever happens-happens!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Thats Good!!,When you have the baby I want to fly over there to New York in 9 months to see it!

12:35 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Ahhh!!! That is AWESOME, Simone!!! What wonderful news!! When's your due date? Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl? How have you been feeling? Any symptoms? Or are you one of those lucky symptom-free mothers-to-be?

Now you can post your own belly pics and prenatal experiences. :) I can't wait to see them!

If you want someone to commiserate with you, feel free to email me any time. (Or if you want to talk, you can get my phone number from Eugene.) Sometimes it helps when the other person has actually gone through similar experiences, though sometimes it's totally useless when the other person is like, "Nope, I didn't have that symptom at all!" :P

12:49 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Oh, I forgot to say - CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! Baby for youuuu!! I can't wait to get started on that baby blanket ;)

Love,
Aunty Shaina :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks Irene!

I have my Dr app't tomorrow. I estimate the due date to be mid/late March. We are not planning to find out the sex of the baby until he/she is born.

So far I feel fine. Just a little dizzy from time to time or a little tired, but then it passes. This is so crazy and so new to me! So many emotions. We're really happy and surprised as we weren't planning to try until after Spain.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations 10X over. You guys are going to make that baby v. v. lucky :)

I will begin making knitted items immediately ;)

X Rachel

5:34 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

that's FANTASMIC! WONDRERFUL! UBER AWEOMSE TO THE NTH DEGREE!

and you were rambling on about target without saying anything.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home