July 21, 2006

NYC Storms

The storms we are having this Summer are crazy. Really crazy. Where one minute it'll be bright n sunny n cheery and 30 seconds later dark n stormy n thundery. And the lightning. Oh the lightning! I'm a huge fan of it, but only when indoors. Not outdoors like earlier this week when a storm from nowhere attacked us as we were leaving the Philharmonic in Central Park. I really felt as if I were running for my life as we ran to catch a bus to save us from the deluge from above.

In Miami the lightning was madness. Middle of the night, wake you up, crashing down right next to your house madness. And usually on a daily basis. But I loved it!

As much as I like the storms I would like a little break so I can get to the beach already!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Us MIAMI people are used to it.. But I agree it gets scary when you are outside!! But try getting used to HURRICANES! And rainy days are fun (only when you dont have outside plans) ....Like this morning it was nice out, all of a sudden its POURING!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Yeah, we've had some crazy storms in Boston, too. I experienced "crashing down right next to your house madness" type lightning for the first time about a week or so ago. Scary!!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o. it stoppped raining.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home