September 04, 2006

Crikey

David told me first thing this morning about the death of Steve Irwin. I, like so many others, am so saddened by this news. I mean, I think we all knew he would die someday from injuries due to his way too close for comfort love of animals, but to die so young is such a tragedy. And especially leaving a wife and little children behind.

I remember watching an episode a couple years back where his own dog was dying and wasn't meant to last the night. He curled up next to her on the floor and layed with her until her death the next morning. It was so very touching.

At least we can take comfort in knowing he died doing what he loves the most.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

That was so sad and shocking!I was hoping it was BS and not true, but unfortunately he is somewhere better then here

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I too am in SHOCK. The funny thing is how much it's affecting everyone. I wonder if he really knew how many people thought so highly of him?

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home