March 18, 2008

11

Sophie turned 11 months last week. Already she's seeming more like a toddler and less like a baby. She walks/almost runs everywhere. Seems to turn 'deaf' when we're calling her name or saying no to something she knows not to do, and points to the Cheerios box when she's hungry. Still no real words, although she did say cat about a month ago, which she hasn't repeated much lately. Just a lot of "bah" "dah" "gah"'s.

We finally rented the first season of Heroes on Netflix and it's awesome. We're only 4 shows into the season but I can't wait to see what happens next. Great characters and story. And there's a "Simone" in the show!

I've been doing Weight Watchers to jump start my losing the extra 15 I'm carrying around. I'm not really a member, but Shaina is helping me with the points system and what to do and so far it's going ok. I definitely lost a few pounds as my pants are looser, but we don't own a scale so I won't know until I weigh myself this weekend in LI.

This Democratic race is dragging on forever and seems it's going to go to the bitter end in August. Definitely not what I hoped for, nor anyone else. It's getting dirtier and dirtier, but of course less so at the hands of Obama than the others. But that's to be expected.

Here's a video I just took a few minutes ago of Sophie playing with her Fisher Price Laugh n' Learn Puppy,.Of course I know all these songs by heart now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shaina Rotstein said...

Love the video!! BUT I happened to check your blog right after you posted the other video (the one you took down)--- I love that one too!!! Too funny how she's dancing on all fours!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you apartment is taking on a toys R us feel. Wait till the 1st birthday bash, have you thought of renting some space? As she gets bigger the toys get bigger, hah.

luv,
Dag

1:05 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Cute. I love her Joan Jett hair.
Of course, she got "BAH" from her Uncle Henry.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Joan Jett? You mean Pat Benetar. Yes, my child has a mullet. But I just can't bear to cut it off!

I changed to this video b/c the other was just too dark : (

5:26 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Sophie sure loves that toy!!! :) Great video.

I totally agree about the Democratic race... I was going to blog about it, too, but haven't gotten around to it yet. It's somewhat disappointing to see it drag on, and I just hope that whatever negativity that might come out of the primaries doesn't come back and bite the nominee during the general election...

We loved the first season of Heroes too! We know we can watch the second season on the internet, but we figured we'd just wait for the DVD's on Netflix. :P

And congrats on losing a few pounds already! I never did lose all my pregnancy weight after Isabelle. :P

6:36 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy !

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness Simone, in that first picture where she is smiling so looks so much like you ...:)
Give my mummy & daddy a big hug & kiss for me when you see them this weekend, okay !
Love Trish

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home