March 03, 2008

LI weekend


Spent the weekend in Long Island with the family. But our poor Sophie was sick and miserable so it wasn't all fun and games. All last week she had fever, slept terribly waking and moaning every few hours, but not much else. A little throwing up, but she was still eating fine. This weekend she had no fever but LOTS of crying for reasons we couldn't figure out. We finally called the Dr's office Saturday night as we couldn't bare to hear her cry in pain anymore. The nurse said it may be the tail end of a virus and she could be having stomach cramps or the formula could be bothering her. We decided to giver her Tylenol and gas drops and they really seemed to help. Today she seems back to her normal smiling self. It's so horrible to see your little ones in pain. And it really sucks when they can't speak and communicate what ails them. It also sucked because I had to work in the office all 5 days last week so I wasn't able to be home with her to comfort her.

I did get to do some shopping and finally got some new clothes for work. I've been wearing the same old 4 shirts since being back from maternity leave and was in desperate need of something new. I still have the last 15 pounds to lose though, and still plan to take care of it, so I didn't want to spend too much. Man I love Marshall's. I also got a nice haircut from David's Mom. I've wanted some bangs for awhile but whenever I went to get my haircut at a salon it always seemed to look the same afterwards. FINALLY someone understood what I wanted, and best of all it was free! She did a great job and I really love it : )

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Nice congrats.Hair looks good. Get well sophie!


Love,
Your First cousin

6:28 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Your hair looks great. You finally got something new.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

You know you're getting old when your blogging about the steals at "Marshalls"

Feel better Sophie!!! you can do it!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

No, old is blogging about the early bird specials at Sizzler. Mmmmm, pot roast.

10:35 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Awww, so sorry to hear that Sophie was sick! It is hard to watch your little one be sick, especially when they are so young and like you said, they can't talk so you don't know what exactly is discomforting them. Glad to hear she's back to her old self now. I agree, Tylenol/Motrin really does seem to help, at least when a fever's involved.

And your hair looks great!! Maybe it'll motivate me to get a hair cut, too.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home