May 22, 2008

Mii Fit? I think not.

I got my Wii Fit yesterday. Of course right off my plans to do this when I get home from work were crushed when Sophie took over and claimed it as her own. If I just stepped on it she cried in anger!

Once she went to bed, we had a go at it. Immediately we were impressed. I just love how sensitive and accurate the Wii board is. The weight was right on (unfortunately) and my lack of balance was immediately apparent. My Wii Fit age? 47. Yes, 47. I lean too much to the left. Dave leans too much to the right. But, we will fix it. Oh yes wii will.

We only played with it for a half hour or so but already I could feel my upper back aching a little. Proof it was doing something. We sampled some yoga, balance exercises, and aerobics. The running in place is hilarious. You have to follow a mii friend down a trail. As you run all your mii friends cheer you on! Hey Celvyn, you look great! I've given myself 2 months to reach my goal. Let's see if I get there.

12 Comments:

Blogger Shaina Rotstein said...

OOOO-- I am so excited to play after Sophie goes to bed Friday!!! Allowing me access to the game is my babysitting fee :D

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omi & Fred has one too. Just what we need

10:17 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

The best part was during the jogging, your Dad ran by. Never did I think I'd see Leo running!

10:21 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

What, 47?! I'd hate to imagine what my Wii Fit age is!!!

Sounds like a fun new game! Do you call it a "game"? Whatever you call it, it sounds fun!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

you have to go ahead and let me know where you were able to get one...

my wii age would be 87. i'm so tired. i'm sore from just typing this.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I preordered at Walmart. I think Target has them, not sure. I think you'd have excellent balance Celvyn. It's just your insides that aint all that.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Actually the Toys R Us in Times Sq always had the best inventory of Wii's in the past so maybe that is your best bet.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I am gonna try it out at your casa.. if I like I buy it!

:)

So funny about Sophiee taking over.....weigh her there..that i'll be cool..

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophie looks like a little fitness instructor saying " and 1 ..and 2...you can do it :)"
too cute

Trish

4:22 PM  
Blogger Shaina Rotstein said...

I am laughing so hard!!!!-- my dad ran past you???? Man you are more out of shape than you thought ;)

5:53 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

and how would you know what a fitness instructor says Trisha? ;-)

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem Simone, I happen to be a fitness nut... I mean I have ALL of Richard Simmons videos :)

:) Trish

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home