September 18, 2008

Thanks, But No Thanks

EXERPT FROM CBSNEWS.COM...

Earlier at the town hall meeting, a woman rose to speak and said was a Democrat who previously supported Hillary Clinton but now backed the Republican ticket.

“Give us some details and examples of your strategies and plan for economic empowerment for women,” she said.

McCain signaled for Palin to answer the question.

“Well first let me take a shot at that, and I’ll tell ya, I’m a product of Title IX in our schools, where equal education and equal opportunities in sports really helped propel me into the—I guess into the position that I’m in today where,” Palin said.

McCain then interjected, “Could I mention she was a point guard on a state championship basketball team.”

After the crowd’s applause died down, Palin continued: “Sports were very, very important to me growing up, you know just learning about self discipline and healthy competition and about what it takes to win and even how to graciously lose sometimes. But how to win, that’s what it teaches ya. Now, I was a product of Title IX where legislation allowed that equal opportunity. Now if we have to still keep going down that road to create more legislation, to get with it in the 21st century, to make sure that women do have equality especially in the work place, then we’re there because we understand that in this age we have all got to be working together. I respect you so much that you are a Democrat recognizing that John McCain and me as a team of mavericks understand where you’re coming from, and we can work together on these issues. But yup, equality for women, for all, that’s going to be part of the agenda and I thank you for that question.”


This could be our next VP folks. Better send McCain some vitamins to keep him strong n' healthy if they win.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scary part is......there are a WHOLE lot of people working to get these two mental midgets in the White House........don't people EVER learn ?????
Mike Sabatino

5:30 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

I completely don't understand why any Hillary supporter would back McCain. I don't get it AT ALL. They are so far apart on the issues. As far as i can figure, it means the person backed Hillary ONLY because she's a woman, and to me, that's as sexist as NOT backing her because she's a woman, because it means you are considering only the gender, not the issues, not the person as a whole. Ugh. I am so nervous about this election, and I can't understand why it's not a landslide.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If disgruntled Hillary voters are that fickle then surely they can be made to doubt their decision. But I do not agree that there are that many of them. McCain's townhall meetings are staged and I very much suspect the woman posing the question was a GOP campaign worker. You cannot help but see this wherever they go, they trot out a woman or two with the same narrative, :I was a Hillary supporter and now I will be voting Republican." It's a classic tactic meant to push the message that resistance is futile so don't bother voting if you have not come around already. It's meant to demoralize the voters because a reduced turnout would easily make the swing states go republican.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home