November 20, 2008

Yawn

We've been spoiled. Since Sophie was a wee one, we've been able to sleep in till anywhere between 7:30-8:30AM. Now, not so much. Lately she has been waking earlier and earlier. 7:00. 6:45. 6:30. And now 6:15. We thought maybe the time change. But two weeks before the time changes we start putting her to bed later and later each night until it's a full hour later, which also had her waking a full hour later. Then I thought maybe the neighbors, who's bathroom window looks onto her window, were taking a shower early and waking her. But that wasn't the case as I didn't see their light on when I went to get her. Today I realized it is the heat. Our heat doesn't come on at night. Rarely anyway. It comes on at precisely 6:15AM. I know this because the clank and rattle of our old radiators always wakes me up too. And sure enough, seconds later I hear Sophie begin to stir.

I'm thinking there is no way around this and I'm just going to have to get used to getting up early for the rest of the Winter. Another reason to wish for Spring to come quick.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,
WHY DON'T YOU TRY LEAVING A COOL MIST HUMIDIFER ON AT NITE, OUTSIDE HER DOOR. IT WILL CREATE WHITE NOISE AND SHE MAY NOT HEAR THE HEAT KICK IN.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
LOVE CINDY

1:48 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Hey cuz,
Thanks for the suggestion. We actually have a air purifier on in her room every night that creates white noise, but she was still waking up to the heat. Last night we tried putting an additional white noise machine in her room and it worked! She did wake at 6AM crying but was so tired that she fell back asleep till 8!

9:01 PM  
Blogger baldeoconnection said...

I love the clank and rattle of the old radiators!

Don't like the crank and battle with crying babies :)

Andy

1:56 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Damn, can't help you here... have you tried playing soft music while she tries to sleep? Don't know if this is bad or not.....

ONE MORE MONTH EXACTLY TILL I SEE MY B-E-A-UTIFUL COUSIN AND MY LOVELY TIA!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

how about a new post? :)

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home