January 26, 2004


So I don't think it got above or below 20 degrees all weekend. Because of this the hubby and I stayed in from Friday evening until today, save for 2 trips to the grocery store a block away for food.

Sat night we made a very tasty Rosemary + Lemon whole chicken w/ a side of mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus. Very easy to make, just stuff chicken with whole rosemary sprigs, chopped whole lemon, garlic. Rub whole chicken w/ olive oil and salt/pepper. Stick some extra rosemary sprigs on top/btwn legs. Bake for 15 min on 475, then about an hr or so on 350. Voila! Now I never heard about the 'truths' of asparagus until recently and I can confirm them to be true! Eww!

We saw a varitey of movies/shows on our 3 days hibernation...

Friday night-Crimson Tide-AWESOME MOVIE!! How did I never see this before now?? Denzel should've won something for his fantastic performance. Gene Hackman was also excellent, but then again-when isn't he? Well, Heist but I won't even go into that ridiculous movie.

Sat was a non-stop Style Network/Fine Living Channel fest. Damn I love those stations. Its so nice to sit there and imagine you are rich and beautiful all day. David hates it so he hides in the bedroom and reads. No prob there-more couch room for me! Woohoo.

Sun-Hunt For Red October. YESSHHHH! Sean Connery-need I say more? I don't care how old he is, he's got what it takes! Not nearly as good as Crimson Tide, but still enjoyable. I can't help but wonder if we chose these 2 movies about being cooped up in submarines on purpose since we live in a similar situation. Hmmm.

Last night watched some Golden Globes-nice red carpet action (Uma was hot!) but the show was boring. Put on Bend It Like Beckham. Funny movie, but could've done w/out the love story.

I still can't get Brini out of my mind though. Haunts me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home