June 21, 2004

Perfect Saturday

Saturday was such a perfect day. 80 degrees, breezy, crystal clear blue blue skies. Amazing.

I started the day off with jogging around the reservoir. Then Dave & I went to breakfast at our Saturday place Lenny's Bagels. Then we set off for the park. David has wanted to rent rowboats at the Loeb Boathouse for about 7 years now. But we just never got around to doing it (my fault). Well we finally did. And it was amazing. For just $10 an hr you can row yourself silly. Everything was awash in green, even the water. Unbelievably relaxing. But maybe that was because he was doing all the rowing and I all the lounging. We ended up rowing and drifting for an hr and a half. Highly highly recommended if you want to blow off some steam and enjoy Central Park to its fullest.

Afterwards we stopped in at the Boathouse for a bathroom break. Thats when I noticed all these fruit n' cheese platters whizzing by. Had to have one. So we snatched an outdoor table by the bar and ordered wine, bloody mary and fruit n' cheese. So perfect. It felt like we were on vacation in Europe or something. I love NY.



Rowboating in Central Park on Saturday Posted by Hello



My Gondolier Posted by Hello


Fruit n' Cheese at Loeb Boathouse in Central Park Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home