June 11, 2004


Joseph Pilates, founder of The Pilates Method

Pilates is Greek for PAIN

Did the pilates class Wed night. As I was looking for the room, I asked an aerobics instructor as she finished up her class which room it was in. She pointed me in the right direction and said as I walked away "be careful in there". Um, ok. I should have listened.

I got my mat and went to what I thought was the back of the room for some privacy. Uh oh-it was the front. And not just the front, the front RIGHT next to the teacher. The teacher is not a friendly person. She walked in, and told us to get into the 'blah blah blah' position. Um, ok? So I tried to keep up by watching the chicks around us. She walked around, tsk'ing us that we weren't aligned properly, and that we looked liked a bunch of beginners. Um, we are. Turns out out of 10 of us, 4 were beginners. HA! She didn't want to show us all the moves she was telling us to do, because, as she put it, "I will fall out of my top". So I struggled along, legs and arms shaking, palms sweating, feet sliding around. But I did it. The whole hour. And now I am paying for it. But the pain is good. And I think I will go back. Just maybe I'll choose another teacher next time. One who is wearing a proper top.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a loser teacher. DK has some pilates books that are pretty good--you want?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

No thanks. I really need to go to a class I think. Otherwise I just won't do it at home.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of my neighbors used to be a pilates instructor. she had all the machines and things in her apartment. she's since moved though.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

machines? I didn't know they use machines. Are you sure it was pilates and not S&M?

6:01 PM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

shit, i could show you pilates...and you all laughed at me! pilates is some hard shit...but great for ur back!!

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home