August 27, 2004

Banks=no new clothes

Why is it everytime a store closes down, a bank takes it place?
WHY WHY WHY?

Take my neighborhood for example:

Latin Quarters spanish danceclub-been on Broadway & 96th St for over 20 years. Very popular spot. Now Chase Manhattan Bank.

Fowad discount designer clothing store on opposite corner-now a Washington Mutual.

Across the street from that-Citibank.

Now it's happening around my work neighbohood.

My friendly neighborhood Gap-Washington Mutual.

Express-Wachovia.

Benetton-soon to be a Wachovia.

Eddie Bauer-soon to be a Wachovia.

All my fav shopping places have been replaced by banks. Am I now to dress myself in blank checks and dollar bills? Deposit envelopes perhaps? I don't get what's going on here. Is it really that profitable for banks to have so many branches? What gives?

I think we should all march on Sunday with everyone else to protest the ridiculous amount of banks that are springing up in the city. Who's in?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Smoot said...

Simone, Law of supply and demand. The banks are more profitable.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

uh, I was demanding the clothes and they were supplying them just fine thankyouverymuch!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home