February 28, 2005

My weekend

Friday we stayed home and watched X-Files reruns. Damn I loved that show when it was on. And it still holds up. FX is showing them pretty much in order and I've been DVR'ing them. I panic that I will fill up the hard drive so on the wknd I try to watch as many things as I can to make room.

Saturday we went shopping for clothes at Club Monaco. Big sale. Of course what I selected wasn't on sale. Go figure. Then we met up w/ Henry and had wine at The Cub Room in Soho. I love that place. I always feel like I'm in a ski lodge somewhere out West. Not that I've ever been skiing out West but whatever.

We then walked up Hudson and stopped at Jacques Torres Chocolate Haven. OMIGOD. Now that is some damn fine chocolate. I got the chocolate chip cookie which was pure perfection. Moist and chewy. So fresh. Definitely the best CC cookie I've ever had. We also stopped in at In the Kitchen (or is it Out of the Kitchen?) to get cupcakes. I've heard from David and Henry that their cupcakes are tops. I was skeptical. Eugene said they were nasty. Well I don't know because they were sold out. Billy's is never sold out. Buttercup Bakeshop is never sold out. This place already sucked in my mind. We did get a cookie sandwich that had the 'magical frosting' in the middle so I could try. After 2 bites I was done. Tasty, kinda. But way too overwhelmingly sweet and gross. Sorry guys, it's not even in my top 3.

Then we headed over to the best place EVER Mexicana Mama. Waited over an hour but hot damn was it worth it. The food is so amazing. Henry loved it. Mike S also stopped by for a drink and dessert w/ us. The waitress scolded him until we explained that he is only drinking, not eating. I don't blame her. The place (which only seats 20) was packed out with diners and people waiting. One bite of their food and you will see why.

Sunday we lounged around the apt watching TV (stupid Tomb Raider 2) and then we went down to 18th st and I bought cooking tools at Williams Sonoma. Even though my kitchen sucks I still want the proper tools to make a decent dinner. Then we went over to buy even more cooking stuff at Bed Bath & Beyond. I got a nifty splatter screen to put over the fry pan so the oil doesn't burn me. Then we went home and David made gnocchi w/ pesto. The pesto was great. The gnocchi wasn't. Oh well, you learn from your mistakes. Then we watched the Oscars and I really enjoyed it. Chris Rock was filarious.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get the wicked hot chocolate at Jacques Torres? It's the best I've ever had and you're right about the cookies.

For the snake of my diet, I'm glad I'm too far away from Jacques to sneak away for a cocoa break.

X Rachel

8:14 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

I remember you posting about it but we weren't in the mood for it. I will def try it next time.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home