February 13, 2005

The Gates

I must say. I like the Gates. But I don't love the Gates. It's pretty. And I think all art is good art. But, if I may be picky, which I may, because it's my own damn blog, I don't love the color. Too...Home Depot. Too construction truck orange. I was hoping for a softer orange. And I don't like the pleats in the fabric. I think it would be softer and flowier without the pleats. But in all it is beautiful, especially when seen from above or afar. And especially on a windy day. And the orange against the grey of the trees is stunning. I recommend entering the park from 59th St and walking up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty pix. How ever did you find Central Park? You must have a GPS.
Um yeah, I'm mocking myself.
Rachel

3:16 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Oh! I like the photos. Thanks for sharing them. I wish I could see it in person, too. I was telling Eugene that if I were a more adventurous person, maybe I'd take a weekend road trip to NYC, but I'm really not that adventurous. :P

4:34 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

oh Irene you should come down. Come on-beat those Winter blues. We could all go to Dim Sum and then you could see the Gates. It's such a short trip and so worth it. Come on! :)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home