April 09, 2005

The Gods Are Pounding My Head

David has been wanting to see a Richard Foreman play for years now. I think he comes up with one every year or so. The only thing is that they are not really supposed to be very good. Or a love 'em or hate 'em type deal. But I gave in this year. It's only $20. What do I have to lose? So we went last night with Eric.

Twenty bucks and the biggest waste of an hour and ten minutes is what I lost. I think this was the WORST PLAY EVER in the history of bad plays. It was so bad I can't even describe it. The theatre was tiny. No matter where you sat you were no more than 10 feet from the stage, if you could call it a stage. When they run out of seats they start handing out cushions so you can sit in the aisles. WTF? So you're basically trapped in the theatre until it's over as you can't leave because everyone's blocking the walkways. And you're so close to the actors that you can't laugh or fall asleep because they will see you. I had such a fear the whole time that they would pick on people in the audience. I would never look the actors in the eye. The highlight of the night is when Eric's phone began to vibrate REALLY loudly. For a minute there I thought it was his beeper and thought YES! We have to leave for a medical emergency. But no such luck.

The first word out of our mouths when it ended were MOJITOS. So we went searching for this great Peruvian place we had stumbled on some months ago. After searching for about an hr we gave up and ate at a great N'awlins place Natchez. Food was awesome as were the mojitos. Just what we needed to wash away the earlier events of the evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Looks like you had the best time of your life ,up at that play?? J/k.I guess you would never ever go there,probally not even for money.Well i got Got 2 go edit my site,dont forget to visit it,By By

Love always Your Nephew,
Brandon (A.K.A=Bjl92)

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u should make david pay for things he drags you to. :-)

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home