April 02, 2005

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly



Eric came over last night and brought with him The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. We've never seen it. We've never seen any Spaghetti Western. In fact, we didn't even know the Italians made these! Funny enough David thought Spaghetti Western meant that you eat spaghetti watching it. Kinda of like a TV dinner. I thought that the plot was so thin that it was compared to spaghetti! What fools we are!!

The movie was great. One of the best soundtracks ever. The sweeping cinematography so beautiful. But the movie was a tad bit too long. But for the most part that's my only problem with it. Who knew Clint was so hot back in the day?

2 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

I only recently saw my first spaghetti western too! A few months ago we got A Fistful of Dollars from Netflix. It was actually part of an overarching film experience - I had heard that many spaghetti westerns are based on old Japanese samurai movies, and I wanted to see it for myself. So I saw Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo back-to-back with Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars, so I could compare the two. Ken fancies himself a film connoisseur, so he found it ridiculous that I had never seen a samurai movie nor a spaghetti western. But now I've seen one of each. :P I wouldn't mind seeing more, but they're now just part of an ever-growing queue in Netflix...

4:58 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

HAH! You silly, silly Fools.
Everybody knows they're called spaghetti westerns because they're like Pasta. They taste GOOD, but the carbs are BAD for you, and if you sit on fusilli pasta, things can get real UGLY.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home