March 22, 2005

I'm still home. I've been home since my Dad died. I am entitled to 5 days off for bereavement. I have taken 4. I am going back to work tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it as I'm a little lonely at home all day.

I haven't done much but sit on the couch and watch TV. Lots of Buffy. A few Dawson's Creeks here and there. And maybe a little Martha Stewart thrown in. Maybe run a few errands here and there. In all it has been a very relaxing and restful 5 days. And I'm feeling much better now.

Sunday was day 1 of Spring. And possibly the grayest day I have ever seen. David decided to do Spring cleaning. Starting with my closet. It was well overdue. With his help it went pretty smoothly and now I can actually see in my closet and find things. I found things I thought were lost. Thanks Dave.

Afterwards we celebrated Spring by going to Uncle Nicks for some dinner. Greek salad, taramosalata and Chilean Sea Bass. So damn good. So fresh. I could eat Greek everyday. And I'd probably live longer if I did.

This weekend I will be going out to LI yet again to see my cousins and David's family. I'm looking forward to seeing my cousins and my Aunt since the death of my Dad. It will be good to trade stories of him and have some laughs. They are a very comedic family.

2 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, Simone. :( I'm glad the days off work are doing you good. Sometimes I think 5 days bereavement (which seems typical) for a parent can't possibly be enough, but I can also see how some people might find it healing to be able to get back into a routine. Anyway, you sound like you're holding up fine. I'm thinking of you!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checked in during some downtime--had no idea! Sending all the best thoughts your way.

--DocESP!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home