March 06, 2005

Yesterday I was awoken as usualy by the monsters upstairs called my neighbors. I have yet to sleep past 9:30AM because of the ridiculously naughty child and his even worse I-have-no-control-over-my-son mother. UGH! I'm so freakin' tired of this!

Dave and I went to do some errands. Returned some fancy skirt he bought for a photo shoot at Saks Fifth Avenue. So damn rooty tooty they are. The whole set up is strange. There were like no registers. You just walk up to someone and say "I want to return this", give them the item and your card, and they dissapear. Very strange. I guess rich people can't see the registers. That's for us regular folk. They told us to browse around, maybe we'd find something else we'd like. I looked. $1,200 for a plain old sheath dress that I could get at Target for $20. No thanks. Then the lady came over "maybe you'd like some new jeans?". We both looked down at mine. My 3 year old, H&M super flare. "um, not that yours aren't lovely" she said nervously. We left. I hate that place.

Went to Tiffany's to get our rings polished. I always feel so fancy going up there.

Then we went over to the Whitney to catch the Bill Viola piece that is only up for 1 more day- Five Angles of the Millenium. Stunning. The man is pure genius. 5 videos in a pitch dark room. So pitch that people were stumbilng over each other. All 5 videos were taken at different angels, speeds, some forward, some backwards, some upside down. All of a man, or an angel rather, falling, or rising from the water. So beautiful. So disorienting. Really mesmerizing. Dave must have been in there for at least an hour. The sounds as well as the visuals completely engulf you in the experience. I hope he has another full scale show soon as he did at the Whitney some years back.




We then walked down Madison Ave. Boy the East Side is a wasteland after 6pm. Everything closed. No coffee shops. No bodegas. Just fancy schmancy shops. Finally walked over to Lexington and stopped at a Burger Heaven for a snack. Overpriced burgers, gross fries and onion rings. The place was weird but we were hungry so it did the trick.

Came home and watched Identity. Started out good. I guess the story was interesting but still dissapointing. Oh well, at least I got to see John Cusack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home