March 07, 2005

OCD man

There is a nice man with OCD that works in my building. He used to be on my floor, 9, until we moved up to 12 two years ago. His thing is germs and obsessive hand washing. I know this for several reasons.

Reason 1: His hands are red and raw, and he always walks with them in front of him

Reason 2: He never touched the elevator floor buttons. Ever. He will wait a very long time to ride the elevator in the morning to be sure he rides alone. During the day he will ride the elevator up and down until it is empty and he will then press the buttons his way. How that is no one knows.

Reason 3: He never opens the front building doors. He will stand and pretend to be hanging out until someone opens the door, then he will rush in before it closes.

Reason 4: Today I saw him with his lunch in his hands. A pizza bag and a soda. I realize this is the perfect setup for him. People see his hands are full so they will be more than happy to open doors for him and press elevator buttons for him.

OCD man makes me sad. I wish I could help him. I wish I could wink and say "it's alright buddy, I know".

1 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Oh, I feel bad for this guy. :/ It's hard enough getting through each day without OCD, it must be a constant struggle for this guy. :/

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home