May 03, 2005

HOT NOW!



Left work early yesterday to go to the doctor. And I was right, I have a sinus infection. So I got a script for antibiotics and started to make my way home. But something caught my eye. A bright red neon sign was beckoning me to cross the street. To enter through the doors. That's right. They were HOT NOW at Krispy Kreme. I entered. Two hot now please. I was told they wouldn't be ready for another 10 minutes. So I sat and waited, staring at the conveyor belt. All the while parents with little kids came in and ordered crappy cold doughnuts. What were they thinking? How can anyone choose a cold, yucky doughnut when they are just minutes away from a hot now original glazed?

Finally they began wheeling out. The counterlady kept looking at me. I guess I looked really miserable sitting there with my infection and my hungry tummy. When they finally came out she bagged the first two up for me and told me to enjoy. I handed her my money and she said "no, it's ok. You waited so patiently. Go ahead."

So I did. They were amazing. Exactly what was needed to make me feel a little better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Norwegian said...

Mmm… I envy you! Not the sinus thing, but the doughnuts.
They don’t make them like that in Norway.

Hope you get well soon!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Hey Tia Simone,its me brandon im back on track sorry for the wait,up about 1 hour to 45 minutes away theres a Krispy Kreme Donuts factory/store with the RED HOT AND FRESH light with a drive thru,inside the store theres a big clear glass that shows behind it is the machines and how it work,with steps and how it works its real cool!!!!But the best part is that when your waiting in line for a drink or a donut,they gave a HOT and FRESH donut for FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!,UMmmmmm!!! Well thanks for eading visit my site,bye love ya xoxoxo

11:18 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

can you belive I've never had a Krispy Kreme?
I swear, I haven't!
They are just now starting to come my way, but packed up cold in the grocery store...no thanks!

9:13 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Wow, that is a great story! I mean, I love it. The lady gives you two free donuts!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home