April 25, 2005

Busy Family Week-Dayeinu!

My Mom has been in town since last Tuesday. And we've been busy busy every since she arrived. Every night we've been partying until 11pm or so. I'm exhausted!

Last Tuesday the whole family (20+) met for dinner at Uncle Nick's. We had the entire back half of the restaurant. It took us nearly 20 minutes before everyone was able to greet each other. But amazingly we all were able to order, eat and and get out of there in time for the big event. David's 2nd cousin was participating in a concert at Lincoln Center. He is a member of the Ithaca College Orchestra and they were performing Carmina Burana. There were about 350 musicians on stage between the orchestra, choir, soloists and even a small childrens choir. Amazing performance. Great fun.

My Mom checked into the Mandarin Oriental hotel on Wednesday. They managed to get a free upgrade to an executive suite. A $2,400 suite. Oh my. This suite is amazing. 38th floor overlooking Central Park. Beautiful bedroom, 2 bathrooms and a full living room complete with flat screen TVs in every room (even the bathroom!). Floor to ceiling windows with stunning views from every direction. I cannot fathom ever paying that much for a room and they were very lucky to have this opportunity. Pure luxury. At least I had the chance to enjoy it for a little while.

Had Passover Seder with the family Saturday and Sunday night. Dave pulled a 'New Years Eve' on Saturday night and drank so much Scotch (4 FULL glasses) that he had to actually leave the table to take a nap. Oh Dave, will you ever learn? But Henry and Karen were there to help us sing songs and eat all the delicious food. Karen brought amazing macaroons made with fresh coconut and dipped in chocolate. They were awesome! I usually HATE coconut but now I'm realizing it's grated packaged coconut I hate and the fresh stuff is completely different. Thanks Karen for opening my eyes to the world of coconut.

Oh, and I have pink-eye. I was all ready to blame Henry for passing it along to me when I looked up on the wonderful World Wide Web and discovered there are different forms of Conjunctivitis and I most likely have an Allergy Conjunctivitis. So I will let you off the hook Henry.

2 Comments:

Blogger H3NR7 said...

whoa. Pink Eye. that sucks. I was starting to feel bad that I shared it with you. I told my brother that I got it when I came back from New Orleans and he asked if I used the pillow on the airplane. My left eyeball was all over that little burlap covered cushion. Dang! Apparently they just reuse the pillows and blankets on multiple flights without cleaning them. So don't let them near your eyes.

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoawhoawhoa, indeed. 4 glasses of Scotch? I'm amazed Dave woke up before the next morning.

And here I thought he was keeping kosher for the holiday...or was this some kinda mutant Scotch that I've not heard about?

--ESP!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home