August 15, 2005

New couch!


Well, eventually.

Yesterday we went down to Room & Board and ordered a new couch. We chose the "Dean" couch in a chocolate brown (the color in the pic is grey). The only problem is they don't normally stock it in brown so we have to wait 14-16 WEEKS! for delivery. Long time yes, but worth it. I hope!

(Note-Special thanks to Henry who, with the help of the gift card he gave me for my birthday, has made this possible!)

Afterwards we went for coffee/dessert with Eugene. As we walked to Ceci Cela we passed Claire Danes. I mentioned how Rachel just saw her recently too. Then Eugene told me how he was walking down his apartment stairs recently and who was going up but Claire Danes!

7 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Nice! but why dont you get it in gray,instead of waiting 14-16 weeks,thats almost 4-5 months!Read my BLOG!bYE

4:22 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Claire Danes the actress!?

Anyway, congrats on the couch! It looks lovely. 14-16 weeks does seem like a long wait, but it'll be worth it!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

yeah, the actress. If you're ever in Soho you're bound to see her!

And I don't like the grey couch, it doesn't go w/ our apt as well as the brown.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

claire is over right now...i'll tell her you've all been stalking her

9:54 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

boy dark furniture does not make a place look small. neither does dark walls. you need to watch some Trading Spaces and HGTV!

10:14 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

That's funny. Rachel blogged that she saw Claire and I commented that I also saw Claire.

"I also had a pair of star sightings. On Monday, I was craving crepes so we stopped off at Palacinka across the street from Moondance diner in SOHO. Sitting across from us was SNL's Darrell Hammond who plays Bill Clinton. That was OK, but the woman sitting at another table next to us spoke and I realized it was Claire Danes. I recently saw her on some obscure movie on TV called "Polish Wedding" with Lena Olin and Gabriel Byrnes and noted how beautiful she looked. In person she looked so pretty. Mature and elongated body. No dog though. Oh, and the Butter and Sugar crepes here were the best I have ever tasted. Crispy and well balanced sweetness. Yum."

2:36 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Nice!
Just think, you'll be more than 1/2 way through your pregnancy by the time your couch comes!
Bet that makes you feel as if time will fly, huh?

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home