September 11, 2006

9/11

I hate today. I hate the memories it brings back. I hate how it forever changed my city, my country and my world. I will and could never forget. But I just can't be reminded constantly by the media. Every channel I turned on this morning had coverage. I don't need to see those images again. And again. And again. I saw them first hand and they could never be wiped from my memory. It's just too difficult. But I know the victims deserve to be remembered, so I will think of them today in my own way.

3 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Last night I had to turn off the TV. All the networks (and we don't have cable!) had some sort of 9/11 related programming. One in particular told the specific stories behind specific victims. Like so-and-so was supposed to be on a later flight, but she called her boyfriend excitedly because she got on stand-by on an earlier flight. And so-and-so was pregnant with her first child, after years of trying. And so-and-so had a business trip, but wanted to spend more time at home with his kids, so he flew out Tuesday morning instead of Monday night. My God. The stories were narrated with photos of the victims and saved answering machine messages, and it was just heart-wrenching.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I thought about you a lot yesterday.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Very Sad..... I was watching CNN in school. I was watching a very interesting show on 9/11,,Yer again very sad.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home