September 07, 2007

Last Day

Today was my last day of maternity leave. So sad. How did the Summer fly by so fast? The Summer of Sophie. My sweet baby will be five months next week. Crazy stuff. So how did I spend my last day of unemployment? I slept! I took a really nice two hour nap while Sophie slept her usual morning super nap. It was pure bliss. Since Sophie was born I have yet to have a really restful nights sleep. Even though she sleeps through the night, and has been for months now, I don't! I constantly wake up for reasons unbeknowst to me. I guess I'm just a tad bit worried that I won't hear her crying through the monitor. I ALWAYS wake up at 4:30am, then again around 6am-right before she wakes for a bottle. Even days where David feeds her (the occassional weekend day) I will still wake up throughout the night and lay awake while he gets up to feed her. I just don't get it. But anyhoo, that nap today was damn nice. Probably the last nap like that I will have in quite a long time.

Later in the day we went to Central Park and I let her roll around and practice her semi crawling on the grass. Poor thing gets so frustrated that she can't really get anywhere. But before we know it she'll be all over the place I'm sure.

Interviewed two nannies so far. One excellent, one not so much. The excellent nanny made us feel so at ease. I feel like I could leave Sophie with her today and not worry one bit. She's a little pricey but I think worth it. Anything for my baby girl. I'm going to miss her so. It's crazy how I took all this time I had with her for granted, felt like I had all the time in the world. We really have to treasure every minute.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

That was nice!
Doesn't it feel weird leaving your PRECIOUS WONDERFUL DAUGHTER w/ a complete stranger?
Im sure my sophie will be fine! Maybe she will even start crawling with the new nanny!

12:49 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Awww, it's tough. :/ Sounds like you had a great "last day" with Sophie at home, and you're lucky to have had the 5 months with her. Some working moms don't even get that long! Good luck with the transition, and with the nanny search!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks Irene. I actually only got 6 wks paid maternity leave, the rest was unpaid leave of absence. But I can't even imagine leaving a 6 wk old!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home