August 14, 2007

Miami

So I've been remiss in posting lately. Been busy visiting Miami, getting the flu, returning to NY with my nephew in tow, and getting a big ass plasma 50" TV. Yeah, it's been an eventful week!

Sophie was really good on the flight to Miami. On Friday evening we decided to go to the beach, as the weather was RIDICULOUSLY hot during the day we thought it best for Sophie's and our sake to go when the sun is on it's way down and the temp a bit cooler. She actually liked the beach! Well, she didn't cry-which to us means she liked it. PersonallyI think she was so amazed at the colors and vastness of the ocean that she didn't even notice the water splashing up on her. Next day we headed to my friend Maria's house and ventured into her swimming pool with Sophie. Once again we think she liked it. No crying, no fussing, just staring in awe at the pool water and the surroundings. Then things went bad. I had a glass of wine while swimming around and suddenly felt ill. Got out of the pool and things rapidly declined. Exhaustion, lethargy, chills, nausea. Went home and quickly realized I had the flu. The flu of all things! And in the Summer. Damn plane. I'm sure that's where I picked it up. So I spent the rest of the trip in bed moaning and groaning.

Sunday my Brother and nephews came over and I did what I could to spend time with them but overall I felt really crappy. We celebrated his and my birthday and my nephew Brandon had 2 Dairy Queen ice cream cakes made for us. Delicious.

Came back on Monday night after FOUR HOURS of delays at the airport. Spirit Air is such a mess. My nephew Brandon came back with us for the week and was a big help as I was still sick most of the time. Felt better on Thursday and immediately we went to pick out my TV. I decided on the Panasonic 50" TH-50PX77U per reviews from CNET. It arrived on Friday afternoon and I must say I am in love! It is SO beautiful. It's like watching TV for the first time. Real TV. How did we ever watch anything on that tiny 27" set we had all these years? The HD channels are amazing, especially watching movies. Everytime we turn it on we are amazed at the clarity and brilliant colors. Well worth the wait.

On Saturday we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge for some yummy Grimaldi's pizza and spent some time laying in the park and enjoying the weather and the view.

Here are some pics from the past couple of weeks. All of Sophie of course. She turned 4 months yesterday!









4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pic of Sophie smiling in the blue towel - priceless! - Trish

1:20 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

She's missing her Tanti Trisha ;-)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I miss Tanti Trisha too! ;)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

THAT WAS AN AWESOME WEEK!! I LOVE SOPHIE AND ALL OF YOU GUYS1 THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!

p.s- send all pics please =)

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home