July 07, 2007

Week in Review

Here's what we did this week BEFORE I got Guitar Hero 2.

Two weekends ago Jenny & Erik finally got to meet Sophie! We had a nice brunch and then played some Scrabble in Central Park. It was such a lovely Summer day.

We stayed on Long Island last weekend for a family wedding. Everyone got some good quality Sophie time in, and she was very comfortable in her crib at Granma/Granpa's house which was great. Since my post on the 29th she hasn't been sleeping through the night anymore though. Now she wakes up around 2:30 for a feeding which totally sucks! What happened to my perfect little sleeper who was sleeping 8-6? I hope it's just a phase but we'll have to wait and see.

After the wedding on Sunday we went over to my cousin Dagmar's house for their goodbye party as they are moving to Texas in a week or two. It was one big sobfest saying goodbye to them. I still can't believe they are leaving. Of course we wish them well in the Lone Star State, but we are so sad to see them go : (

On Monday we stayed on LI so we could take Sophie and my Mom to Caumsett Park. We had a great time walking and picnicking. But Sophie missed the whole trip as she slept a whopping 4 hours the entire time we were there. Oh well, next time around I guess. It was still nice to enjoy the park.

On Wednesday we headed over to Henry's for a 4th of July get together. He has an AMAZING view of the East River and the fireworks show was spectacular. Good friends, great veggies and mini burgers on his new smokeless indoor grill, and best of all-I discovered Guitar Hero 2. God Bless America!

Anyhoo, here are some pics of the goings on. As you can see Auntie Jenny and Sophie get along great. Sophie almost looks as though she could be Jenny's baby! : )





7 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Looks like a great time in Long Island! Sophie seems to travel very well!

And what a spectacular view of the fireworks!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Awesome WEEK,AWESOME SOPHIE, and AWESOME firework pics!!!

And I coming up to NEw York the week of the 23rd..YAY!!!

Sopieeee Timee!!!

11:22 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Thanks for coming over to my 4th of July party with baby Sophie. Between you Rocking out, loud fireworks and everyone wanting to hold her, she really seems to loves loud noises, all the attention and being in the middle of things.

I'm glad you didn't read Michael Jackson's Guide to Parenting or we would've hung Baby Sophie out the window for an immersive view of the fireworks. "Baby Blanket" style. I'm even afraid to lean out my windows, I can't even imagine how someone would put a baby in that situation.

And thanks for eating ALL of my M&M's.
You are the Mad Mommy Snacker!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Pics Simone... Sophie is so adorable....looking forward to seeing you guys soon ;)
Trish

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jenny & Erik said...

Love your pictures! I can only hope E & I will eventually have a baby as cute as Sophie!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Awwww shucks :-)

Thx

4:26 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I especially like the picture where the scene at Jonestown is recreated.
Don't drink the Kool-Aid!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home