June 29, 2007

Off to Huntington

So this weekend we are off to Long Island to stay at David's parents and to attend the wedding of David's 2nd cousin. Unfortunately it's an adults only event and our darling Sophie can't attend. I must admit I'm bummed as I would've loved to dress her up for the event as well as have her meet her cousin's that have yet to see her. But luckily my cousin Cindy will watch her and she will get to spend some time with them. We plan to stay out there until Monday night and hopefully will visit our favoirte park Caumsett and take a nice stroll with Omi. Last time we were there Sophie was still in my belly.

Her Omi is coming to visit for the weekend too which will be nice. She will be very surprised to see how her Grandaughter has changed in just a month! Last time Omi was here Sophie wasn't smiling or cooing. Big changes indeed.

I had my bi-annual Dermatologist checkup yesterday. My Dr asked if I had the baby and how she was sleeping (the question that is most asked). People always are shocked when I tell them Sophie sleeps 10 hours. I almost feel guilty telling people now! I also wonder if I'm jinxing myself too. Sure enough, last night Sophie wouldn't go to sleep until around 9 (usually goes down about 8) and then woke up SCREAMING her head off at 4:30AM, about an hour and a half or so before her normal time. But luckily after she ate she went back to sleep for another 3 1/2 hours. Still, I better keep my mouth shut!

3 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

I had to laugh at your last paragraph, Simone! It sounds just like stuff I used to say! Isabelle was a good sleeper, too, and I always felt guilty telling other people - especially other new moms with not-so-good-sleeping babies! - about how well she slept. And definitely, whenever I opened my mouth about how well she slept, it was almost guaranteed that she would NOT sleep well that night! :P

2:02 PM  
Blogger Norwegian said...

Hi Simone!

I have been off the blog world for some months – but I have received RSS feeds from your blog together with my mail, so I have been pretty updated with your postings!

I’d like to congratulate you both so much with little Sophie! She seems so mature for her age. Perhaps it is all her hair? And regarding her sleeping – she will probably continue with that. My K also slept all night as a baby – and she is now in her 12th year and still sleeps like a rock from 10pm till 8 am.

Anyway – I am looking forward to reading more of your lives. I do not know you – and still you feel like close friends to me!

Best wishes!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thank you so much Roger. Yes, I think her hair has a lot to do with how mature she looks. When we put a cap on her head hiding her hair she looks like a completely different baby!

And I know what you mean about feeling like blog friends are close friends, even though you've never even met them.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home