August 01, 2007

Birfday weekend


I had a lovely birthday weekend. Our cousin Tricia decided to visit for the weekend which was such a nice treat! On Friday Eric took David and I out to delish sushi at Sushi Yasuda. Top of the line sushi with so many types of salmon, tuna, yellowtail, etc. We got the Omikase menu which is basically allowing the chef to choose our meal. The waiter was a funny Japanese guy with crazy hair and a thick Japanese accent. The tastiest thing we tried was THREE types of sea urchin and the piece de' resistance was what was described to us as "scallop guts", although I don't remember the Japanese name. It was really nice to get out and spend some time sans Sophie.

On Saturday we had a get together at the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria. It was nice getting there early and getting a prime spot and food n' beer quickly. Sure as hell beats the last time we were there where I waited over TWO HOURS for food. Lots of friends came and David took care of Sophie all day to give me a break which was nice too : ) I love me some Spaten and schnitzel.

On Monday we walked through Central Park with my husband and daughter and had lunch at the Loeb Boathouse in the middle of the park. It was hot as hell and the lake gave off a nasty stench, but luckily the restaurant didn't smell bad. Afterwards we walked home and I got myself a mani/pedi in preparation for our trip to Miami tomorrow. I hate getting them. I just get so bored sitting there by myself. Luckily I talked to my friend Maria so I didn't feel so lonely. Came home to chill and Matthew came by with my birthday gift-Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's. Yessss! Since he was here we asked if he could babysit and we went off to dinner, just the two of us. I think it was the only time the two of us have been out together alone since she arrived. Crazy.

For my bday David said I have the choice between a beautiful bracelet OR a plasma tv. Yeah, we all know which one I picked. And next week when we return from Miami I'll be getting that puppy delivered and FINALLY enjoying some HDTV on my new 50" screen. Aaaah, the life.

9 Comments:

Blogger Shaina Rotstein said...

Sounds like you have an awesome birthday! Can't wait to watch that TV when I babysit!! :) You did however leave out the part of your bday weekend when you came to LI and saw your fav. sister-in-law!!!

Did you get my messages?? Anyway-- have a safe trip!!

Love you!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

sounds like a great weekend!

so what kind of TV is it?

50 is a lot of inches!


Have fun in FLA.

9:33 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

IN GERMANY, DAS PLASMA IST BIGGAH!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

YAY!! I cant WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS NOW WHOO! AND SINCE I WILL BE UP THERE NEXT WEEK I CAN HELP SET-UP AND ENJOY THE PLASMA WITH YOU! WELL I CANT WAIT 4 MY FIRST EVER SOPHIE TIME!!!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! you're getting a 50" puppy! is that like a great dane?

11:25 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Wow, sounds like you've had a series of fantastic birthday celebrations! I'm jealous! :)

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sis!

How about some private time.... email me!

Love from your Big Sister, Oh... & happy b'day too.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Sophie has bitter beer face :)

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home