November 18, 2007

LI Weekend

Friday we went out to LI for Sophie's Baby Naming ceremony at our Temple. Basically it's a regular Friday night service, but at the end the Rabbi announces to everyone Sophie's Hebrew name that we have chosen for her. Since she was born in the Springtime and it's a time of rebirth and renewal, we decided to name her Aviva! It just seemed appropriate and pretty at the same time. The service didn't start until 8pm which is usually her bedtime, so I was worried that she would be tired and cranky. But luckily she napped on the way to the Temple so she was ready to go once we arrived. She stayed up until 11pm partying with everyone! No matter who held her she smiled and played and had a good ol' time. My Mom was even able to fly up for the ceremony which was very nice. After services Indian food was served and everyone loved it!

Sophie also had her first play date this weekend. My Sister's friend brought over a friend's baby Emma who is 10 months. They both played together so nicely! At first they both just looked at each other in amazement that someone else was as small as they are. But they soon played with toys together (or take toys from one another). It was so cute!

Been playing Guitar Hero 3 when I can, which isn't often as we don't allow Sophie to watch TV, so I have to wait until she naps or goes to bed to play. This is probably a good thing as my wrists are so freakin sore from playing too much. So far we love the Co-op mode where Dave and I play songs together. We also like the duel mode where one can play lead, the other bass. Pretty cool.

Sophie turned 7 months last week. Where does the time go? We are starting with a new nanny this week as we have decided to go with someone more affordable for us. Good thing too, as my boss told me last week that I will most likely have no more work from home days starting next year. Of course I was NOT happy to hear this news and I'm sure it's going to be difficult working full time away from Sophie. But I am glad for the time I had home with her and can't really complain as many people have to go back a lot sooner than I did. Still, I'm gonna miss my pumpkin : (

3 Comments:

Blogger H3NR7 said...

¡Arriba!

Estoy abajo con Aviva.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Dork-you're thinking of viva. This is Aviva.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish i was there. Hey omi take me with you next time you fly up.i will pay for my tik. :)

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home