November 26, 2007

Turkey & Target

On Wednesday night at the Macy's Balloon Inflation baby Sophie made her first of many appearances on TV, the nightly local news to be exact. Our little star had two viewings, once on NBC Channel 4 News (where I hoisted her high into the air in order to get her on) and then again on FOX 5 News (standing next to 2 young interviewees). The latter was only her lower half of the torso though. Still, she's slowly making her way onto the big screen!

Thanksgiving was very nice. We didn't have to cook (even better) and everyone got quality time with Sophie, and I got some much needed rest. We shopped our asses off on Friday at Target, Costco, Buy Buy Baby and of course had some White Castle in between to regain our strength. Mmmmm, suburbs. We also had some quality time with my cousins/aunt & uncle and Sophie was thoroughly entertained by her 4 year old 2nd cousin Sophia.

The thought of thinking up gifts and then shopping for them is weighing on my mind. Everyone might just get a whole lotta Starbucks giftcards if we don't find the time to do much more. Mmmmm, peppermint mocha.

And this weekend I learned the following:

Pomegranates have about 600 seeds. And they are awesome, especially now that I know how to harvest them.

I have finally beat Freya on hard in GH2. No thanks to Celvyn though, I did it on my own. It said I rock.

You don't have to really resemble the photo of the person who's Costco card you are holding.

If I lived in the 'burbs I would spend every waking hour shopping, and would weigh about 300 lbs.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same feeling about the burbs. I gained 3 lbs in 4 days. That would be a very dangerous rate of weight gain if I lived there full time.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Shaina Rotstein said...

Good times.... good times :D

12:46 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Sounds like a really great Thanksgiving!!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing, you can even make White Castle sound yummy.

Daggy

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home