June 13, 2008

Bye Bye Tim

Like many people I was both shocked and saddened to hear today's news of the death of Tim Russert. He is one of the few political journalist's out there who I truly admired and respected, and who was able to keep any biasness out of his commentary and interviews, a rarity these days. For some reason it really struck me hard. Being so into the political race this year we've been watching Tim almost every night on MSNBC. It's almost like he was part of our family. Every Sunday we would tape Meet The Press and then watch when we put Sophie down for her nap while enjoying our morning coffee. We actually looked forward to it. It's just such a shame that he's gone and it is really a great loss for the news & political world.

And he didn't even get to witness our first Black U.S. President.

2 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

I didn't know about Tim Russert until I saw your little blurb on Facebook. I had no idea. I couldn't believe it.

I didn't watch him regularly or anything, only caught him a few times as a guest on other shows, like Today in the mornings. But I always did think, like you said, that he was one of a dying breed of honest journalism.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, sucks


-Now David has to find a new novella for his sunday mornings =(


R.I.P

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home