June 29, 2004

A wedding in Central Park

My Mummy & her long time significant other tied the knot this weekend in Central Park.

Everything went pretty smoothly for the whole event. We started the day taking my brother and his girlfriend Ana Lea to Dim Sum at Golden Unicorn. Mmmm, Mexican Buns. Then we all split up as we all had specific jobs to do. David had to print out the ceremony program, get shoes, haircut and finish up some work. I had to get my nails done and meet Mummy at the hair salon for our 'do's. Ben & Ana had to shop in Chinatown.

The hair appointment went well. My Mom's hair looked terrific. When it was time to do mine the stylist suggested I get it cut soon because it looked uneven and messy. So I told him go ahead if he has time. He did and he cut a lot off. It is a good cut but shorter than I'd like. But I needed it. What I didn't need was to pay $125 for it. But Mummy was treating so it was all good :)

Sped home in a cab. Got dressed & made up and David and I hopped in a cab to meet everyone at The Plaza for the Ketubah signing. Mummy looked great and Fred had on his 'exquisite' tuxedo. Note-those are his words, not mine. But everyone looked great. Ketubah was signed, champagne corks were popped, cheese and crackers were eaten. The celebration had begun!

Mummy had rented a 14 passenger van so we all hopped in and went up to the Conservatory Garden on 105 & 5th Ave. The weather was perfect and everything went smoothly. The procession began with Gramma/Matthew, David/Shaina, Leo & Asha with Fred in the middle, and finally Ben & I with Mummy in the middle. The violin was playing, the breeze blowing. Everything went right. Except the Huppa. It decided to tear loose from the wooden poles we were all holding and get caught in Leo's tallis around his neck. But Ben reacted quickly and got control. Rings were exchanged. Kisses. Breaking of the glass. You get the picture.

Then we all went off to Tavern on the Green for the party. Had a couple of drinks outside at the bar, then we were all seated. The seating was a little tight and some young folks got stuck at the 'old' folks table but everyone had a good time and Mummy/Fred were happy. And thats what its all about. Congratulations!



The Bride Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom looks so pretty! I'm glad the weather cleared up.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks anonymous person

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry! it was me.

X rachel

btw, my mother has it in her head that i should get married at tavern on the green. i don't know why. . . she must have seen something on t.v. :)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I don't agree. Its too phoofy (sp?). You need a cool place-like a giant ant farm or something.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i definitely vote for the ant farm. or a bus. the crosstown on 23rd. i have great affection for it. and since it's a long bus, it would kind of seem like an aisle.
-rachel

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get the poles for the huppa, my daughter is getting married in central park and needs a set.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home