July 20, 2004

Buttercup Bake Shop-sweet perfection

Last week when I was on my way to meet Eugene to see I Robot I noticed a bake shop on 2nd ave between 51st & 52nd. Being the cupcake freak I am I bought a couple. Oh-My-God! These cupcakes blew Magnolia away. The cake was a perfect combination of moist and crumbly. The icing not too sickeningly sweet. Just perfect. They had a huge variety too including red velvet, devil dog and apple spice (ew!) This is now my favorite cupcake. Well, it ties for first place with Billy's. Magnolia no more. Too many lines, too much pretention, and too much icing!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and they sell Banana Nilla Pudding!! that's my favorite dessert--i just made some for the fourth of july. i never heard of any bakery offering it. that's cool.

-rachel

3:49 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

My box of 5 birthday cupcakes that you gave me came all crushed and stuck together. They don't know how to pack cupcakes to withstand the rigors of the NYC streets. Waaaaaah!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

actually it was 6 and they were packed really well. Maybe when you slung them over your shoulder and sat on them they got messed up. No more cupcakes for you!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home