July 15, 2004

Purple Shame

Since I loved Tuesday's Prince show at MSG so much I decided to look for tickets for the Wednesday night performance on Ticketmaster. As I suspected it was sold out, but i noticed an after party at BB King's for midnight. I called Eugene, and as tired as he was he also needed another dose of him. So I ran over and got tickets. I was also able to talk David into going, believe it or not.

We arrived at around 12:15am. The box office lady told me he had shown up around midnight the night before so we didn't want to get there too late. Went right in since we already had tickets (I felt like a VIP!) and the place was packed. Hip-hop jamming, people dancing and pushing for the bartenders attention. Got our drinks and waited. And waited. 1am. 2am. 3am. Word got around that he was over in the corner chilling with his peeps. We could actually see him walking back n' forth. We were getting really excited. They began to play the concert from Monday nights MSG show on the 2 screens they had set up. The sound was awesome. Sheila E was also there and stood up as they played her part on the big screens. She looked awesome. I was glad David got see part of the show as he's a huge Prince and Maceo fan.

Then some idiot had the idea of yelling "WE WANT PRINCE, WE WANT PRINCE" over and over. 10 minutes later His Purple Majesty went back behind the stage with some others we couldn't recognize. We got REALLY REALLY excited. Cheers, clapping, hollerin', the works.

But he never came back. The DJ finally made an announcement at 3:50am: Prince has left the building. Really.

Bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home