July 12, 2004

My wknd with no money


outside Macy's on Saturday afternoon Posted by Hello


99.9% completed puzzle Posted by Hello


My new puzzle, with ALL the pieces!



Ran out of money Friday. I mean really ran out of money. Like, no overdraft, no $10 found in my coat pocket, nothing. So I did what anybody does when they run out of cash-I finished my puzzle! Well, except for one, freakin' missing piece. And of course it was a right-smack-dab-in-the-middle piece. I searched everywhere. Under the couch, under the radiator, cat litter. It was nowhere to be found. Celvyn, I know you took it b/c you're pissed I won all your money. Just give it back you bastard!

Friday night we ate hard boiled eggs for dinner. It was all we had left. Saturday I went for a run in around the Reservoir a couple of times. Saw my favorite person, the unofficial "Mayor of Central Park" Alberto Arroyo. He is always there. I mean always. He's been there since the beginning-the first runner around the reservoir. I could run at 6am, 12 noon or 7pm-he is there. I decided to finally look him up online. Turns out the man is 88 years old. 88! He's run so much in his lifetime that he can't do it anymore. He just goes around the reservoir with his cane. Always smiling and waving at everyone. He's always there for encouragement-telling you you're doing great, keep it up. I can't imagine running and not seeing him. YOU GO ALBERTO!

Saturday night we went to Johnny Rockets for dinner. Cheap and they take credit cards. Damn those burgers are so freakin' tasty. They must be crack infused or something. They are my #1 burger. Sorry Corner Bistro-but you don't use relish and mustard. And thats what its all about.

Sunday we defrosted and cleaned the fridge. Took about 3 hours. But that fridge is so clean you could eat off of it. Well, I guess you kinda do. But now for some reason its not cooling so well. Did we knock something loose when we were banging the ice chunks out of the freezer? Uh oh.

Watched tons of Buffy episodes looking for a good, meaningful, satisfying one. We're on Season 4 and its just not doing it for us. Could the magic really be gone? No, its not. Because last nights' episode had a special visitor. You know what I'm talkin' bout Henry. Oh yeah! A visitor from above you might say ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Shall we dansu said...

hm. it must take him all day to make it around if you see him at all hours.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hard boiled eggs for dinner?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

it does take him quite a long time to go around. but he does it every single day. he rocks!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home