August 27, 2004

RNC



I'm getting a little nervous about all this RNC activity this weekend. How can I not when its all NY1 talks about, all I read about, and all I see online. The protests do look exciting though. All sorts of nifty anti-Bush signs. Who wouldn't love that?It looks so cool that I'm actually considering marching in something. Just for the hell and excitement of it.

I just hope the next week is safe and sound and secure. There are cops everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. Saw them snooping around in Chinatown Wednesday night. Just this morning in my neighborhood they set up a surprise checkpoint for people going uptown on Amsterdam.

But it does make for a hilarious Time Out New York cover!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NY1 is going over the top. Last night they had a breaking story about a disruption in the East Village--and since I live close by, I listened up. It wasn't at ALL as crazy as they made it sound. Even so, today I am running all my errands before 11 and then holing up inside. NY1 has me freaked too. Even though next will I will be thrust into the middle of it all for work. Damn.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home