September 15, 2004

frustration

I'm so frustrated with people. People who like Bush. I can't even talk to them anymore. I lose all respect when I hear they are voting for Bush.

I rode the elevator down w/ a co-worker yesterday. He asked who I was voting for, Kerry of course. He said he was leaning towards Bush. Why? Because as he put it "Bush has screwed up things so much that he's afraid to have the gov't change hands now". WHAT?? Are you listening to yourself? He said he's heard it from his Granma already-she's the President of the Democratic Foundation of Tampa!

Another coworker sent around an email with all the numbers of what Bush has done, similar to what Irene posted on my earlier post. A coworker read it, and refuses to believe its true. I told him to look at the numbers, then look at the sources. Then make up his mind. He refuses to believe that a President is capable of screwing up so much.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT RESEARCH, DO NOT READ THE PAPERS OR INTERNET NEWS, WHO JUST MAKE UP THEIR MIND BASED ON ONE STUPID ISSUE LIKE 'WELL BUSH WILL PROTECT US BETTER'. BUNCH OF IDIOTS. IS THIS WHOLE COUNTRY MADE UP OF IDIOTS? IS ALL ANYONE CARES ABOUT IS THEMSELVES? NOT THE WORLD AROUND US? NOT ALL THE TIES THAT HAVE BEEN BROKEN WITH OUR ALLIES? NOT THE COUNTRIES WHO HAVE AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF WEAPONS AND COULD POSSIBLY BEGIN WAR WITH US AT ANY GIVEN TIME?? NOT ALL THE PEOPLE DYING IN SUDAN, RUSSIA, NORTH KOREA, IRAQ?

Not to say that if Kerry is president this will all go away. But for god sake people, it has to get better than the state we're in now. I'm so scared of what this country will be in 4 years if Bush is elected.

Damn, I need a coffee break.

5 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

if i could vote, i would vote kerry. bush has went about this in a bad way.

and to think, all of this really started three years ago. it makes you think about a lot of what ifs and why didn't that happen or this happen.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

i'm glad you agree! Only a few more years and you too can voice your opinion.

11:18 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Simone, we are sooooooo on the same page! I also feel actual fear for what this country will be like if Bush is re-elected. My husband has expressed the same sentiment as you: If he knows a friend is voting for Bush, he loses respect for them! It's come to a point where he'd rather not know, to save the friendship!

I can't believe that you know someone who will look at the facts and just refuse to believe them! It reminds me of how infuriated I get when I hear people bash Fahrenheit 9/11 without having seen it. I strongly feel that if anyone is going to vote for Bush, he/she must see the movie (know the facts), to know what they are voting for. If, after learning the facts, you still feel that Bush is a strong and competent leader, fine. (Though if that's the case, I would appreciate the opportunity to have a healthy debate with that person!) But you have to be informed.

I actually went off on a rampage and wrote 3 or 4 long and involved paragraphs, but then decided it was a lot of ranting and raving, and probably preaching to the choir in terms of you and who else probably reads your blog. So I went back and deleted them. :P

Anyway, your post riled me up!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT!!! BUSH RULES!! I'M TOTALLY VOTING FOR BUSH NOW AFTER READING THIS NONSENSE YOU CALL A BLOG!! VIVA LA BUSH!!!


i mean...someone's got to start some sh** in here.

vote Kerry.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. You purchased some Springbok puzzles from my web site and I found your site through a web hosting tool that tells me where my traffic comes from--so thought I'd check out your site! I completely agree with you and have heard many comments sim to that of Elevator Guy. If Americans believe you can't change leadership during a war, then the best way for a president to get a 2nd term is to start a war in his first term. Which is insane.

One of the biggest loopholes in the Constitution is the right of government during a time of war. If they keep us at war, there's a lot of room to take away our rights, and it shocks me that more people don't see what the Bush agenda really is. I was dating a guy who told me it didn't bother him that the FBI/CIA can demand the library records of any library patron. I lost all respect for him after that.

Something to think about: I don't believe the race is a close as the media reports. If Americans are led to believe that the election is close, then it won't look so suspicious when Bush steals the election again, which has been made easier through paper-less electronic voting machines manufactured by Bush-supporting CEOs of companies like Deibold. I'm voting on a paper absentee ballot.

Love your site!

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home