September 13, 2004

NY Post

I did something today that I'm ashamed of. On NY1 today Pat was doing the 'Today in the Papers' report and mentioned that today's copy of the Post has a coupon for a free Adventures of Huckleberry Finn hardcover book. Apparently the Post is trying to make their readers more literate. Not that they really need to be literate to read the Post. Anyhoo, I was leaving the 7 train and noticed the lady in front of me on the escalator reading it. As she got to the top she put it in the trash. I promptly grabbed it out of the trash, tore out the coupon, and went to my nearest magazine shop to redeem it. And now I gots me a free book! How excited am I? I mean I didn't really go into the trash if it was under the 5 second rule, right? And I've been meaning to read this and the other classics for a while now so here's my chance. The only catch is the other classics will be released every Monday, but for a low price of $5.99. Not bad.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nothing to be ashamed of--it was a free book. Now if you'd grabbed the half of someone's buttered roll, that would have been shameful.

Rachel

9:37 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

very odd. why do you want to read all of the classics anyway? you haven't read them until now, so what's the big deal? i say, forget about them. well, the ones that aren't free, anyway...

11:07 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Yeah, that's nothing to be ashamed of! It's not like you grabbed the coupon out of the lady's hands or something. And I'm sure it was only on the top of the trash - it's not like you were digging through the garbage!

Anyway, I think that's a great idea. I'd be all for redeeming those coupons too. I'd totally pay $5.99 - that's cheap, especially for a hardcover!

4:31 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Sim, please. You don't have to root through garbage anymore. I'll get a copy of the book for you.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home