September 08, 2004

Tooth Fairy



I sure hope the tooth fairy is real.

A few years ago my front lower canine tooth became loose. I went to the dentist for a routine checkup and I told him about the tooth. His response: "yeah, well, it's a baby tooth". WHAT??? My first thought was this guy has no clue what he's talking about. An appointment years later with another dentist proved I was wrong and he was right. Not only is it a baby tooth, but the one on the opposite side of my mouth is also a baby tooth. How could this happen? How could I have never been told about this before? 2 baby teeth?? I'm an adult!!

Soon after I lost my tooth while eating a giant turkey leg at a street fair. I have been toothless for years ever since. Until now. Now I will be dual-toothless. That's right. My last baby tooth is now loose after eating wings Friday night. And its not going to last much longer. I'm so angry. For a replacement tooth it will cost me about $1800. Now it's $1800 X 2. Shouldn't someone be held responsible for this? Shouldn't some dentist from my past have to pay? I bet you it was that damn dentist at Kmart that I used to go to who screwed up. This is outrageous. For $3600 I could buy a small used car or something!

Maybe I just need to stay away from poultry legs. Or change my name to Cletus and move to West Virginia.

2 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Wow, what a bummer. I can't believe a tooth costs that much! That's more than laser eye surgery!

But it is all very interesting... Does this mean that if you lose a baby tooth as an adult, a second adult tooth doesn't grow in!? At what age do you HAVE to lose a baby tooth in order for a new tooh to grow in its place?

10:39 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

Yeah, nothing will grow in now since I'm old. I wonder too what age is the 'cutoff' for a new tooth to grow in. And where did that new backup tooth go anyway? Its all very bizarre to me. Bizarre and costly.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home