September 02, 2004

Hurricane Frances



Looks like Frances is heading straight for Florida, and straight for my family. Everyone called me yesterday sounding worried. A hurricane warning was issued this morning. That means a hurricane will hit within 24 hours.

I checked up on everyone today to make sure they've all got supplies and such. So far my Mom & Fred sound like they've got it all together. Even my 12 yr old nephew went to the dollar store to load up on cameras and batteries. My brother will stay with a friend inland as he lives on South Beach. Kids have today and tomorrow off of school. Mom and brother will be leaving work by mid-afternoon to go home and buckle down.

I feel really nervous for all of them. Hurricane Andrew back in '92 was devastating to the city. This one looks larger and moves slower. Its so frustrating that all they can do is wait and let the storm takes its toll on their cities. So helpless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home