November 17, 2004

Cummings



We received a strange message last night on our answering machine. It went something like this...


Hello, um, this is Cummings and my number is ###-###-####. Uh, I have a copy of the New York Times Guide to Essential Knowledge and there is a red sticker on the front. I would like to give this as a gift to someone soon and what I need to know is, if I take the sticker off, will it destroy the cover? Please give me a call back. Again, my name is Cummings. Thank you.


What? Are you telling me this guy bought a book. Didn't like the sticker, so he looked up the designer's name in 411 and called his home? He's not even in the same state. Did he not even think to maybe call the publishing house? Did he not think that maybe its a bit rude or too personal to call somone at home? Granted he did sound elderly, but come on! He needs the essential guide to manners!

3 Comments:

Blogger H3NR7 said...

HA! That Alan Cummings is such a prankster!
Willkommen
Bienvenue
How do I take this sticker off?
Thank you.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's freaky. Then again, yesterday I got a 6-page crazy person letter from a nutso guy in Canada who wanted me to send Paris Hilton roses on his behalf.

-rachel

2:27 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Hey, I'm not Canadian!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home