June 27, 2005

Guess who moved in yesterday!

Wow what a weekend. This was a nonstop packing-cleaning-moving-unpacking-very little sleeping weekend. But it was one of the best ever.

The guys across the hall were completely moved out by Sunday morning 8am. Luckily we were up (couldn't sleep, too excited) and I overheard the old tenant waking up my next door neighbor as he thought she was the one moving in. I opened my door and said "No, we are!" so he handed me the keys and the place was ours.

The place was in excellent shape and didn't even need repainting. Not yet anyway. We'll have to decide on colors at a later date. But the place is AWESOME! So much light. So much space. I don't know what to do with myself. The cats took the whole day to get used to the place and continually followed us around crying and hiding. I tried to put them in the window to see all the goings on on the street below but I think they are getting overloaded with all the things to see that they freak out and run away. They are used to just seeing a brick wall and maybe a pigeon or two. Big changes for my girls.

The only sucky thing is our couch will not fit through the doorway. So once again we need to get rid of a perfectly good couch. Anyone need a couch?

We were happy to discover that this place actually has FOUR closets!! Unbelievable. The living room is so beautiful with an exposed brick wall and two windows letting in a flood of light. It's just such a new experience for me. Our last place was my first apartment ever and our first together. We were engaged and married while living there and there are so many memories it was a little sad to see it go. But this new place is full of new beginnings and I can't wait to get settled in.


P.S.-Big thanks to Matthew for all his help yesterday

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the move! Four closets? Holy Christmas. . .

X Rachel

11:10 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Congrats Sim and David,I can't wait to see it.I wish I was going Sooner to new York!!!

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Isss for youuuu!!! :-D Congrats!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home