November 27, 2005

When in Long Island...

Had a lovely time in Long Island for the Thanksgiving wknd. Tons of eating. Attempted to do the 3 M's (movies, malls and minigolf) but only managed to complete 2.

Thanksgiving day was a whirlwind of pots, pans and plates. I think we spent the entire day in the kitchen. The turkey? Well let's just say it wasn't as good as last year. And a little undercooked. The gravy? Same deal. But there were some highlights like pumpkin ravioli with butter sage sauce and butternut squash soup. And let's not forget the stuffing. Damn good. But I felt I missed the holiday because I was stuck in the kitchen all day and didn't really get to chat with people enough. But it was fun I must admit. It made me realize I'd NEVER want to work in a restaurant.

Played Hold 'Em after dinner with Shaina, Ira, Matthew, Gami, David and Who-The-Hell-Is-Phil. Full House Shaina whipped our asses in round 1. Round 2? It was down to Gami and I. Every round we went all in. And every other round one of us won. It seemed like it would go on forever. So much fun. But yours truly ended up winning the pot! Woohooo! Finally my day had come. It was probably the most fun I've ever had playing Hold 'Em.

Next day we took Gramma to see Pride & Prejudice. I really enjoyed it. I love period pieces. Keira Knightley is amazing. And so is that HOT guy who played Mr. Darcy. Then we stopped at Target where we loaded up on picture frames, a runner, some Christmas tree items and a few other things. I think Target is my favorite store. Ever. I wish there were one across the street from me so I could go there every afternoon.

Saturday was Ikea day. We got some AWESOME mirrors which look amazing in the apartment. We also got a nice green rug for the bedroom. But, alas, it doesn't work. Too dark, not big enough. So once again we will have to return it. We went to Ikea with the intention of buying these items and have them delivered next week. After buying them I went over to the delivery counter where I quickly learned that they don't deliver mirrors! WHAT? But we just bought 3 HUGE mirrors. So we ended up tying them to the roof and David's parents drove us into the city last night.

Scooby Dooby Doo! The Macy's balloon inflation


Fallen snow Thanksgiving morning

Fall colors outside the upstairs window

Butternut squash soup and green beans


The Thanksgiving gang

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

WOW! Looks like you had BUSY AND FUN WKND! Glad you enjoyed it! Did you go to the Macys Parade??

11:27 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

No we didn't go to the parade. We just went the night before to see them blowing up all the huge balloons. In some ways that's better!

8:09 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Who the Hell is that guy sitting next to your dad?

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home