November 18, 2005

It's here


My beloved Buffy has arrived. And it's all that I hoped it would be. Nice glossy box which opens up to a letter from Joss Whedon, a nice color booklet, and of course the DVDs. All arranged vertically to form a picture of Buffy and the gang.

I have been tracking it all week. Amazon shipped it yesterday but because I got the free 'Super Saver' shipping I wasn't sure how long it'd take. This morning I came in and saw a co-worker walking with a brown package. I thought it was mine. Even as she passed me by I wondered-was that mine? Why do I think a co-worker would take my package? I will tell you why...

Years ago when I worked at the now defunct Prism Communications I ordered a Snoopy Anniversary Watch from Fossil. It was to come in a collectible keepsake canister with a little Peanuts Anniversary pin. I tracked. I waited. It arrived. I went to the mailroom and asked for my package. "It's not here" I was told. Yes it is, I tracked it. "Nope". So I tracked some more and returned the next day to tell them it was signed by so and so. The guy then remembered that some old dude name Bob** has it. Why would they give MY package to someone else? They told me that his name was on the label. Yeah, I doubt that. Dumbasses.

So I went to Bob's desk and asked him if he accidentally (giving him the benefit of the doubt) took my Snoopy watch. "Nope, don't have it".

Oh sorry, ok. WHAT?

Went to the mailroom next day. Same story. So I went back over to Bob's desk and lo and behold, what was sitting on his desk but the keepsake Snoopy canister!

S-"Hi, um BOB, are you sure you didn't get my Snoopy watch package?."

B-"Nope"

S-"So then, um, WHY IS MY SNOOPY KEEPSAKE CANISTER ON YOUR DESK?"

B-"Oh this? This I got in the mail recently. But there was no watch"

S-"Um, THAT'S MINE!"

B-"Oh. Ok. Here you go."

S-And um, where is the watch?

B-Oh, there was no watch. But (opening his drawer and pulling out a Fossil CD case) you may want this too.

S-Yeah Bob, I do want it.

I ended up getting a new watch from Fossil but it was a fight. Apparently the weight of the original package shows that there was a watch in it. I eventually got a new watch from them, decided I didn't like it, and ended up returning it.

Now you know why I don't trust co-workers. Not dumbasses named Bob anyway.


**Not his real name. His real name is Asshole.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

simone--i can get you rough guides--DK distributes them. i just happened to notice costa rica in your sidebar.

and yes, i apologized to chuck. and i'm forgiven ;)

-rachel

10:02 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Oh. My. Gosh. What a story! I can't believe that stupid Bob guy! What a JERK!!! Ugh. I'm frustrated just reading your story! Glad that's all in the past, at least.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks Rach. I will keep that in mind for future trips!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Dang, What an adventure for a package.Next time ship it to your house.

9:33 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Dang, that Brandon makes a lot of sense.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home