October 26, 2005

Second Day

A little better than the first. Basically sat in training with the 'co-worker who knows all' all day. Things are starting to make sense a little more but still somewhat confusing. I hope it gets better. Everyone tells me it will.

LOVING the kitchen. Had three different types of tea today-Green Tips Green Tea, AWAKE! black tea and then finished it off with some afternoon Chai Tea. They also have one of those individual coffee makers where you drop in the single serving ground coffee pod and brew away. Tons of flavors to choose from. I feel like I'm working at Starbucks!

The benefits there are so much better too. Medical, Dental AND Vision, all which start day one. THREE, count it THREE weeks of vacation your first year. The option to work at home if I need to. And the best thing of all, leaving at 5pm. I don't think I've ever had an 8 hour work day. It's always been 9 hours with 1 hour for lunch. And let me tell you that one hour less a day makes a WORLD of difference.

Can you hear the theme music now..."working 9 to 5, what a way to make a living...". No? Damn, I'm old.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhh'm 'enery the eighth i am. 'energy the eight i am i am . . .

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Hii, Congrats. FINNALY I HAVE POWER!!!!!!!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger e.kuo. said...

nothing like a cupboard filled with tea products. my favorite combo is green and peppermint tea

9:28 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Hey, Simone, congrats on the new job!! With a stocked kitchen, kick-ass benefits, and an 8 hour work day, you can't go wrong! :) New jobs are always shaky in the beginning, when you feel overwhelmed with the paperwork and having to understand the ways of the new office. Hope things continue to go well and get even better!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home